Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm back!

Yikes! It's been too long since my last post. Between a family emergency, coming back home and getting back into the swing of things after being gone all that time, and juggling everything else; I've just been too tired to think, let alone write about my thinkings.
But I'm back! Too much has gone on the past few weeks for me to back track and catch you all up. So instead, I'm just going to focus on the now and the upcoming. I officially hit that 40 pounds off goal (and a few extra). It was my goal to reach before my husband comes back home from deployment. I hit it just in time. I'm very happy about this. When I first started and made my goal, it felt more like wishful thinking. Now it's a reality. It makes me very confident about losing the rest and reaching my final goal (25-30 more to go).
My weight loss progress has slowed down a lot since I raised my daily calories. But the weight is still coming off and I think I've finally busted through my plateau. I've been hanging around the 160's for quite some time! But, as of today I was 160.8. So, who knows! I may just finally enter the 150's soon.
I'm trying to convince myself that the change is good. Slow and steady = permanent. Right? The important thing is that I can live this way more long term. I feel like I'm getting enough food and I feel satisfied. I'm not constantly obsessing over when my next meal will be. I'm not looking at my daily menu thinking.. "yuck, is that it?" I may not be losing 2-3 pounds a week anymore but the 1/2 pound I lost this last week is off. It's 1/2 pound less that I have to work at to meet my goal.  Plus, I was able to enjoy a ColdStone ice cream last weekend and some Famous Dave's (for the 1st time in 4 months) and still lose that bit? Even better. I know I'll have some more things I will want to enjoy over the next two months, so I'm going to keep my daily intake and exercise routine set the way it is now and allow myself those treats (don't worry.. in moderation). When January comes around, I'll probably lower my calories again and work harder to lose the rest of the weight. Or not.. who knows. It's up to how I feel. It's such a challenge to acknowledge that the scale is not the only important thing to determine my weight loss progress. I've lost 6 pant sizes and went from an XL shirt (fitting tight) to wearing a M comfortably. I can run 3 miles straight and do a real pushup (never would have happened 4 months ago).  So, while I haven't been perfect in my weight loss journey, I haven't done too shabby either. I've had a huge change in a short period of time. So maybe this slow down will help me in changing my gears. I want to care more about body fat% instead of the number on the scale. I want to build lean muscle and burn away the fat. I want to get into a single digit pant size! I may not reach my "ideal weight" but if I can hit the other goals.. then I'll be pleased with that.

Like I mentioned earlier, the husband will be back home soon!! I'm so excited, I can't stand it! I've been doing a lot of errands and what nots to prepare for his homecoming. Getting my hair done this weekend.  I've already got my Welcome Home outfit picked out. It's an awesome little dress.. size MEDIUM! How's that for a welcome home? He left and I was wearing an XL.. and I will now be picking him up in a Med! Not to mention the fiesty red hair compared to the brunette it was before. I also know that having him home will be even better for my weight loss goals. I'll have support at home! I'll have HELP! Have I mentioned how excited I am? lol

In the midst of planning for the husband's homecoming, I've also been planning for Thanksgiving. First Thanksgiving since starting and I'm not scared. I will be doing the cooking this year, so that helps to ensure that the foods are healthier and not going to counter-attack all of my hard work. Here's what I've decided on for my menu (it's still subject to change if I can find some better recipes.. but this is what I'm leaning towards with a few recipe adjustments here and there):

Turkey
Mashed Cauliflower
Skinny Brocolli Mac-n-cheese
Green Bean Casserole
Whole Wheat Rolls (still searching for a good recipe- if you have one)
Mini Pecan Phyllo Tarts


We have our Thanksgiving meal at lunch. Gives me plenty of time to get in some activity that day. We'll still be enjoying our favorites, just lower in fat, sugar, and sodium than previous years. I won't be obsessing as much over my calories in/calories out on that day, but will use good judgment on portion size and amount eaten. Let's see how it goes!

I will end this post with some pics of my new favorites as of late:

I'm obsessed with making this salad:
Strawberries, broiled chicken, spinach, crumbled gorgonzola cheese, cucumbers, and some low fat raspberry vinegarretet.

Next is my Click Protein Shake/Frappe. I make it after I workout. It's filling and can be a great snack in place of a meal.. and it's so good! It helps me get over those Starbucks Frappe cravings..

Here was lunch today:
Open faced Pork Loin sandwich on whole wheat naan topped with reduced fat cheddar, low fat mayo, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Yea, it's as good as it sounds/looks.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Just wanted to let you all know I'm back! :)
Tomorrow is Pancake Saturday and I will be making my first batch of protein pancakes!

2 comments:

  1. Hope everything is ok! Sorry to hear you had to deal with an emergency.
    You are doing so, so well with your weight loss and workouts! I had a bit of a rough day yesterday and you're inspiring me to get myself back on track this morning. :)
    So glad you are enjoying the Click. I found a zero calorie syrup (I bought Caramel) and have been having caramel frappes lately. Love.♥
    Hooray for your husband coming home soon! I can't imagine how hard it must be to have your spouse gone for so long and doing it all alone. I really admire families that do this and appreciate the sacrifice so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the kind things you said!
    I'll have to get me some caramel.. that sounds awesome!
    Things will definitely be better when he gets home. I surprised myself in how well I did while he was gone. But it will be so nice to be able to go out and run without worrying who will watch the kids or any of those little things. Not to mention, I do enjoy his company. :)

    ReplyDelete