Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pancakes, Bowling, and More!

One thing you will see a lot of when on MFP is protein pancakes. It seems like everyone is eating some version of them. I was finally driven by curiosity to make some for Pancake Saturday. As I began searching for recipes, I was really surprised by how many different protein pancake recipes there are out there! I settled on an easy one to try first (since I had all the ingredients on hand). My first impression of protein pancakes? Very yummy! I'll definitely be trying more versions of them to find my very favorite. But for now, this will be a "go-to" when I want a quick and easy protein pancake. She has many other really yummy recipes on her site, so definitely give it a look.
The kids were big fans of the pancakes too, so it wasn't just me. They taste just like regular pancakes, so if you're looking at the ingredients and thinking, "No way, Amanda!" Give them a try before you make up your mind!  Here's a peek at how my first set looked:
With pancakes marked off our "to-do" list, there was something else we had to do this weekend. I've been promising the kids we would go bowling for quite some time now. But things went to crap last week and we were gone for a week trying to deal with everything. So, since this was a fresh weekend, I decided it was about time to make good on my word. We had a great time and it was nice to get out of the house and do something (since it was raining like crazy outside). We had Subway for lunch, even though Pizza Hut and Taco Bell were calling my name from inside the bowling alley. I couldn't tell you the last time I ate at either of those places. I'd like to keep it that way for a while longer.
 I went to my favorite store in the mall, Romy. Bought a few new pieces of clothing. I can't believe how much I like buying clothes now. I don't go in the store completely dreading the purchase I need. I've bought more clothes for myself this year than I have the last 3 years combined. It's nice to have nice looking clothes again. When I was at my heaviest, I just couldn't stand the thought of buying any clothes. Definitely not nice clothes. I tried to hide my fat under baggy clothes and sweatshirts. I'm definitely not hiding now. I have some awesome orange pants, a very cute green skirt, and some other nice looking items that stand out just a bit. Not to mention the red hair I'm sporting compared to my usual brunette locks. I've really been changing up my appearance and enjoying myself more. Must be that returning confidence sneaking out.

We made Bison burgers for dinner. I wish I would have taken a pic to share. But that would have required me to slow down and stop eating long enough to do so.
We grilled the bison patties and then placed them on whole wheat buns and topped it with light cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, mushrooms, light mayo, and some light ketchup. So freakin' good! I was so happy that we made extra and I get to have one for lunch again tomorrow! Yay for leftovers! I usually have lots of chicken and turkey, so it's always a treat when I get to have some red meat. When that red meat happens to be in the form of a burger.. oh yea, baby!

I've got an awesome busy week ahead of me full of great things! Thanksgiving, Black Friday shopping, and a homecoming for my husband! Can't wait to get to sleep and start the week!
Wishing you all a wonderful week! <3

4 comments:

  1. Pancakes look yum.
    Unfortunately I do not find half the ingredients here in India!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying those pancakes next weekend! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They freeze well too!! I make a couple extra servings and freeze them for a quick on the go breakfast!
      Just make sure when you blend them you get them good and mixed and let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes before using it. Let me know what you think!

      Delete